Welcome to an event-specific IOSH safety training course delivered by experienced event professionals.
Are you and your team involved in producing and managing events, but don’t have any formal event safety training? Our ‘Working Safely at Events’ course might be for you!
NOW IS THE TIME TO UPSKILL, TRAIN & REFRESH. >
Are you confident in your whole team’s ability to identify hazards, evaluate risk, decide on control measures and keep you, your clients, your business and your customers safe?
Our one day course will take you and your team through the key pieces of health and safety legislation, understanding their own responsibilities when it comes to safety and health, show them how to conduct thorough risk assessments and manage risk on site at events. All delivered in the context of your business and your business activity.
The course can be delivered via Zoom in either two 3 hour blocks, or four 90 min sessions. Each delegate will receive a printed workbook through the post and, on passing the assessment, an IOSH certificate.
“This is an excellent course which engaged all of the team and will certainly prove to be beneficial moving forward.”Experience 12
“Hop Forward helped make health and safety interesting and fun with a great interactive programme.”XSEM
Why should you consider this course?
- Would you know what to do in an emergency situation?
- Are you and your team responsible for the safety of your attendees and clients?
- Are you confident in your ability to conduct risk assessments?
- Are you aware of the latest event safety legislation?
A new, one-day event safety training course, approved by IOSH – one of the few event safety certificates in the UK.
Who is this course aimed at?
- anyone who works in the events, PR and marketing industries, with no formal event safety qualifications
- anyone who wants a refresher course about event safety
- anyone who is responsible for organising events
- anyone who works at events regularly in any capacity (e.g. security, bar staff)
The course covers the following
- Introduction to UK health & safety legislation in the events industry
- Responsibility for safety at events
- Understanding the terms hazard, risk, likelihood and consequence
- Identifying hazards and writing risk assessments
- Safe systems of work at events
- Safety signage and Personal Protective Equipment at events
- Reporting incidents and accidents
- Emergency Procedures & Lost Children
- Security & Terrorism threats
We use interactive two-way training sessions, using real event case studies, the latest event industry news and interactive mobile technology.
Our training team:
- Experienced event safety professionals and qualified teachers
- Have worked for clients as diverse as the BBC, CBeebies, CBBC, Hull 2017, Town & City Councils, Student Unions, Radio 1 Academy, Disney on Ice, Dollar Shave Club, Shopping Malls and PR & Marketing Agencies
- Are Technical Members of IOSH, having gained the NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety.
Now being delivered remotely, we are able to offer the discounted rates below. We recommend a maximum of 18 delegates on one course for maximum engagement.
Prices based on delivery via Zoom, contact us by email for an on-site delivery price.
Pricing includes workbooks and certficates.
|Delegate Number||Price per delegate ex VAT|
Please contact us to find out more.